LAST UPDATED: MARCH 29, 2019
Who We Are and What We Do
Acceptance and Changes
2. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect information of persons who are under the minimum required ages specified herein. You must be 18 years of age, or the age of majority in your province, territory or country, to use our services. Individuals under the age of 18, or applicable age of majority, may utilize the services only with the involvement of a parent or legal guardian, and under such person’s account.
3. Data We Collect About You
We collect information about you when you use our services. Collected information may include or reflect personal information that could identify you, as well as non-personal information. We refer to your information as “your data” for short.
To create an account, you must provide a valid email address and password. If you choose to sign-up and/or authenticate using a third-party account (e.g., Vimeo), you authorize us to obtain account information from the third-party platform.
To buy an item, you may need to provide a valid payment method. Your payment information will be collected and processed by our authorized payment vendors. We do not directly collect or store credit or debit card numbers ourselves in the ordinary course of processing transactions. If we allow purchase through a third-party platform (i.e., in-app purchase), the payment method stored with the third-party platform will be charged.
Accountholders may create a profile and upload or live stream audio or visual content. Depending on your privacy settings, this information may be accessed by others.
Other Information You May Submit
You may submit data to us for limited purposes such as ordering a product; requesting customer support; answering a questionnaire; participating in a study; entering contests or sweepstakes; or signing up to receive communications from us.
We collect your shipping address to send you products you have ordered. We may automatically collect data concerning your use of our video devices.
Information Collected by Third Parties
Some third parties may collect data about you when you use our services. This may include data you submit (such as payment information) or automatically-collected information (in the case of third-party analytics providers and advertisers).
We may obtain data from third parties about you. We may combine that data with information that we have collected. For example, some advertisers or advertising platforms may allow us to determine what other online services you might use so that we may place relevant ads on those services.
4. How We Use Your Data
We may use your data for the following purposes:
- Identification and authentication: We use your data to verify you when you access your account.
- Operating our services: We use your data to provide our services, process and fulfill orders, provide customer support, and to otherwise comply with our contractual obligations to you. We (and/or our third-party vendors) use your financial information to process purchases made by you and to pay you amounts you have earned.
- Communicating with you: We use your data when we communicate with you (e.g., when we respond to a customer support or other inquiry).
- Improving our services: We use your data to understand how our products and services are being used and how we can improve them.
- Customizing your experience: We use your data to personalize the service to you. This may include remembering your preferences for language or volume.
- Marketing and advertising: We use your data to display ads and send you offers. We may also use your data in delivering third-party advertisements to you. This may include “targeted ads” based upon your activities.
- Exercising our rights: Where reasonably necessary, we use your data to exercise our legal rights and prevent abuse of our service.
- Legal compliance: We use your data where we are legally required to do so. For example, we may need to gather your data to respond to a subpoena or court order.
We may use algorithms and other automated means to implement any of the above.
5. With Whom We Share Your Data
We share data with third parties as follows:
- As you instruct: We may make your content available to others as you instruct in using our services. We may share your data with persons or third parties to whom you have granted account-level access.
- With your consent: We may share your data with third parties where we have obtained your express consent to do so. You may revoke these consents.
- Authorized vendors: We may share your data with third-party vendors that help us operate our services, process orders, and comply with your instructions and our contractual obligations. This includes payment processors, cloud-based hosting services, monitoring services, email service providers, quality assurance and testing vendors, fraud and abuse prevention vendors, customer relations management (CRM) vendors, and shipment vendors.
- Advertising: We may share your data with advertising companies to display relevant ads to you. Unless you expressly agree, we will not share or sell your name, email address, or physical address with such persons.
- Analytics: We may share your data with persons who provide analytics showing how customers are using our services.
- Affiliates and advisors: We may share your data with our auditors and advisors for planning, financial reporting, accounting, auditing, tax filings, and legal compliance.
- Certain legal situations: We may share your data where we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with a legal obligation or in connection with a corporate transaction as discussed in Section 6.
- Aggregated or anonymized information: We may publicly disclose non-personal aggregated or anonymized information such as our number of visitors and registered users.
We use reasonable efforts to vet vendors for their privacy and data security practices. We require that such vendors agree to protect the data we share.
6. Legal-Related Disclosures
We may disclose your data in response to official requests (e.g., court orders, subpoenas, etc.) that we receive from government authorities or parties to legal proceedings.
7. Data Retention
We retain your data for as long as you have an account. When you close an account, we will delete its content, including its videos. We may retain logs of automatically collected information (for internal analytics); your email address; your purchase information; communications with you; and your transactional information (for auditing, tax, and financial purposes). When we no longer have a business reason for retaining data, we will delete or anonymize it.
8. Your Privacy Choices
We enable you to make numerous choices about your data:
- You may choose not to provide us with certain information. For example, you may choose not to create an account or not to provide optional account information.
- You may change or correct information voluntarily submitted to us.
- You may opt out of receiving commercial emails from us.
- You may close your account.
Users from certain countries may have additional rights. See Section 12 for more details.
9. Communications From Us
By creating an account, you consent to receive commercial emails from us. Users from certain countries may have the ability to opt out or opt in at the time of account creation.
Mobile Device Communications
We may, with your consent, send push notifications in our apps. You may disable these by declining them or changing the app’s settings. To the extent provided, we may, with your consent, send SMS messages to your mobile telephone for authentication and security purposes. You may opt out of receiving such messages at any time.
10. Protecting Your Information
We use physical, technical, and organizational security measures to safeguard your data from unauthorized or accidental disclosure. Despite these efforts, no information system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information.
Users also have a role to play in keeping their data safe. You should only grant access rights to people who you know and trust, and, even then, you should be careful in granting all access rights. You should monitor your account regularly. If you believe that someone has gained access to your account without your permission, please contact us immediately.
11. Third Party Services
12. International Data Transfers and Certain User Rights
12.1 Location of Data
Mevo is based in the United States. We provide services globally using computer systems, servers, and databases located in the U.S. When you use our services from outside of the U.S., your information will be transferred to, stored in, and processed in the U.S. and other countries. Please note that U.S. data and privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in your country. Residents of certain countries may be subject to additional protections as set forth in 12.3 below.
12.2 GDPR (EEA Users)
This Section 12.2 applies only to natural persons residing in the European Economic Area (for the purpose of this section only, “you” or “your” shall be limited accordingly). It is Mevo’s policy to comply with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In accordance with the GDPR, whenever we process your data for one of the purposes described in Section 4, we have determined that there is a lawful basis for that processing activity.
We may transfer your personal information from your home country to the U.S. (or other countries) based upon our use of Standard Contractual Clauses (also known as “Model Clauses”) where appropriate.
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any privacy related issue. You also have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory data protection authority of your jurisdiction.
12.3 California User Rights
California residents have the right to opt out of disclosing information to third parties for the purpose of allowing such third parties to directly market their products and services. At this time, we do not engage in this type of disclosure. If you have questions, please contact us.
13. How to Contact Us
For any questions, inquiries, or complaints relating to your privacy, please contact us by email or at:
19 Morris Avenue
Brooklyn, New York 11205